A while ago, I realized that I haven’t worked on OverFlag for a long time. So I sat in front of the table, and got working….then after a couple days, I stopped working on him again. These photos were from a while ago, but no new progress from then to now. ^ ^;
So after some work on the body, I went onto the head. Took off the clear orange visor so that I won’t damage it. I used putty to add to the fins on the head & collar fins, then I sanded and sharpened it.As you can see below, the body has been re-primered, the head as well.
I scribed lines on the head and collar fins, that took a while…I also broke the peg on the back on purpose. You will see why later.
Close-up on the head and scribed lines, not perfect, I know. >.<;
This is the joint for the shoulder. I cut come parts away to make the arm closer to the body.
The peg for the shield never really fit well into the arm, so I cut that away as well. I will do something about it later…
I wanted to do something about the wings as well. I had no idea what though, so I just messed around with it 1st…
Then I got an idea to try, so I took the engine thruster unit apart…
Took the piece that’s in the middle, mod it a bit, then insert it back, but backwards.
Worked like a charm. ^ ^
I call this the Reverse Flight pack design. The core block that attaches to the Flag is flipped upside down, the casing of the thrusters are the wrong way but the insides are correct, the wings are switched right and left.
Remember earlier in the post when I said that I broke the peg on OverFlag’s back? Since the core block is upside down, the peg is re-adjusted so.
View of the Reverse Flight pack on. Everything flipped backwards actually wasn’t my intention, but it just happened to be so. Don’t worry, I got “mechanical reasons”. ^ ^;
View of the back, the shape of that thing in the middle fits right into the collar fins. ^ ^
This is a part of the shoulder armor. I needed to mod that as well. 1st I cut off that circle thing that sticks out.
Did some estimations then I used superglue and a cut toothpick to serve as the connector.
With that thing that sticks out gone, I adjust the shoulder armor and glued it to the toothpick.
Rear view, quite exposed. I will reinforce it with putty later. You can also see the re-adjustment that I did to the peg on the back.
Comparison between the unmodded (left) and modded (right) shoulders.
Lots more work still left to do on OverFlag, I feel so lazy right now. >.<;